Wednesday 2 January 2013

New Year Resolution

My musical New Year Resolution this year is essentially the same as last year's. Let me explain...

272/365: Apple of my eyePod by DavidDMuir
272/365: Apple of my eyePod,
a photo by DavidDMuir on Flickr.
Last year, as I copied my collection of Christmas music onto my iPod, I noticed I had 3.5 days worth of seasonal songs. (A figure that prompted one of my fourth years to question why so much since most of it was rubbish!) I also saw that I had just over 52 days worth of music altogether in iTunes. This made me think: "Fifty-two days worth of music and fifty-two weeks in a year. I could do a day a week and listen to my entire iTune library in a year." Of course, a bit of basic arithmetic would have made me realise that there was no way I would manage to listen to 3.5 hours of music a day, seven days a week, but I didn't do the calculations and beginning with A for AC/DC on January first I started to work my way through my music collection.

Now, I knew I wouldn't stick strictly to alphabetical order (for example I jumped to J for Joe Bonamassa prior to going to see him in concert) and sometimes I'd just be in the mood for a particular album/artist, but I still hoped to get a good bit through the alphabet before the end of the year.

I got to D for Dire Straits!

So my resolution this year is to try to get to J or K before the end of 2013. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: